Published on May 10th, 2016 | by Jose Vasquez0
Why Networking Is Your Greatest Resource in Startup Tech Companies
Networking is one of your most powerful resources and opportunities as a startup entrepreneur.
There are tons of resources you’ll find as a startup entrepreneur. You’ll find capital to fund your business. You’ll find real estate and equipment to keep your business operational. You’ll even find great people to compose your team and carry your ideas through to completion.
But there’s one resource greater than all the others, namely because it leads you to all the others. That resource is networking, the process of meeting and engaging with new people. With it, you’ll have greater access to virtually any other resource you can imagine, and your power as a startup entrepreneur will grow.
You’re inherently limited
No matter how much you know, or how much experience you have, you’re still fundamentally limited by your own perceptions and history. Networking is the solution to overcoming that—you’ll meet diverse groups of people, all of whom can offer you unique outside perspectives, and all of whom will have access to resources that you currently don’t. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and networking can help you tap into those of others.
These are just a handful of the types of benefits and connections you’ll gain through networking.
- Mentorships and advice. Even if you don’t think you need advice, talking to people who have been entrepreneurs before you can give you great perspective on the entrepreneurial journey.
- Partnerships and collaborations. Networking is also a good chance to find partners and collaborators, who can help you flesh out your projects.
- Employees and teammates. Even if you don’t meet employees directly, you’ll meet people who can give you good referrals.
- Again, you’ll either meet clients directly or people who can refer you to some.
- Overall reputation. The more you network, the more your name will circulate, earning you and your company a bigger reputation.
If you’re ready to get started, these fast tips can help you out:
- Be open to anything.
- Meet people anywhere and everywhere, including strangers.
- Be consistent and regular.
- Don’t limit yourself to just online or just offline networking.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and start networking!