Published on May 29th, 2018 | by Jose Vasquez0
Why Exercise Is So Important For Startup Tech Company Founders
Exercise is an important life habit for entrepreneurs.
As an entrepreneur, your habits have the power to shape your destiny. But too many entrepreneurs focus solely on work habits, which yield immediate results, like managing email or spending extra time on presentations. Some of the best habits you can have take place outside the work environment.
Take physical exercise as one example. Exercising regularly can help you in multiple areas, including:
- Being a company founder is one of the most stressful gigs out there, and exercise has the power to counteract that stress. If left unchecked, that stress can have a negative impact on your mind and body, eventually leading you to burnout—but all it takes is a quick 20 minutes a day to relieve some of that residual stress.
- Physical exercise is also good for your health, reducing your chances of developing obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and countless other ailments. You may even have decreased chances of developing the common cold. That means you’ll spend more days working, and fewer days out sick.
- Working out gives you a massive boost in energy, which makes exercise extra beneficial if you tackle it in the morning, before work, or during your lunch break. The surge of adrenaline and other feel-good chemicals can keep you powering through even the toughest periods.
- Depending on how or where you exercise, it may also represent a good networking opportunity. For example, if you bike to work, you may quickly meet and engage with other professionals taking the same route. If you go to the gym downtown, you’ll probably run into some similarly motivated professional people.
- Discipline and routine. Engaging in a consistent exercise routine is also a way to shape your discipline, and build routine into an otherwise chaotic life. With discipline and routine on your side, you’ll be better equipped to handle all the hardships and downsides of entrepreneurship.
Are you ready to rebuild your habits around your success as an entrepreneur? If so, exercise should be a part of it. If you’re interested in learning new ways you can master your entrepreneurial destiny, contact me for a free consultation today!