Published on August 22nd, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez0
Why Do Most Startup Tech Companies Struggle With Lead Generation?
Startup tech companies often struggle to generate new leads, especially in the early phases of development.
As a young startup, creating a flow of revenue is the most important priority for the success of your business. You’ll have a limited pool of capital to work with until you develop a reliable flow of customers, and the first step to getting those customers is generating leads.
Unfortunately, many new startups struggle to get the leads they need to continue. But why is this the case?
It could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- You refuse to invest. It costs money to run an effective lead generation campaign; you can pay for advertising or pay for marketers to run your campaigns. Either way, you have to spend money to make money.
- You don’t know your audience. Some startup tech companies end up targeting “everyone” because they believe a wider audience is the surest way to increase qualified leads. Unfortunately, that often leads to a lack of relevance, and a failed campaign.
- You aren’t offering anything. Leads won’t surrender their contact info freely; you have to make it worth their while with discounts, free offers, or at the very least engaging content that they can use in their own lives.
- You aren’t qualifying your leads. You might have plenty of leads, but if those leads aren’t converting, they won’t be worth anything to you. Qualifying your leads, through sales funnels and similar tactics, is the best strategy to ensure only the most qualified prospects make it through your channels.
- You aren’t making tweaks. No lead generation campaign is perfect on the first go. You need to spend time learning from your efforts, making adjustments, experimenting, and gradually polishing your campaign to perfection.
Lead generation isn’t easy, but it’s much more successful when you work with a partner who’s done it before. If you’re looking for support in your lead generation campaign, contact me to schedule an appointment today!