Published on October 3rd, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez0
What the Most Productive Startup Tech Company Entrepreneurs Do Differently
The most productive tech entrepreneurs use these habits to get more done every day.
Ask any entrepreneur what’s holding them back, more than anything else, and they’ll likely tell you: the number of hours in a day. There’s only so much time to accomplish what you want to accomplish, but your task list always ends up longer than what you started with. The day races by, and sometimes, it feels like you got nothing of value done—even when you stay at the office long into the night.
So how are there so many entrepreneurs who seem to be productive and successful? What are they doing differently?
It comes down to these main habits:
- They aren’t afraid to delegate. First, the most productive entrepreneurs know they aren’t the best suited for every task—and they know they’ll never get everything done themselves. Instead, they delegate tasks to their employees, freely and regularly. They trust their employees to get things done.
- They schedule heads-down time. Each day, productive entrepreneurs schedule at least one hours-long session of “down time,” which they use to accomplish work that requires focus. During this time, they do not permit interruptions from phone calls, emails, or pop-ins of any kind.
- They prioritize everything. Whenever a productive entrepreneur gets a new task or faces a new project, they prioritize it. Everything is treated with a priority, based on its importance and its urgency, and tasks are completed in order of descending priority to ensure the right things are getting done every day—rather than the most things.
- They know the value of their time. Some entrepreneurs understand how much their time is worth, and if they can pay less than that to have someone else accomplish a task, they will. Time is scarce, and must be managed even more frugally than money.
- They invest time in long-term fixes. The most productive business owners don’t skate by with patchwork fixes. They spend hours coming up with long-term fixes, so they save even more hours in the future.
Adopt these mentalities, and you’ll find your productivity skyrocketing—probably in a matter of weeks. If you’re interested in learning more about how to properly manage your time as an entrepreneur, contact me today!