Published on November 20th, 2018 | by Jose Vasquez0
Want to Build Buzz for Your Startup Tech Company? Start Guest Speaking
Guest speaking is one of the best ways to build buzz for your startup.
If you want your startup to be successful, you need a solid way to generate visibility, reputation, and interest for your brand. Marketing and advertising offer conventional routes to achieve this, but if you want an extra boost with a local slant to it, consider guest speaking—in other words, speaking in front of an audience at entrepreneurial events and seminars on a topic within your realm of expertise.
The Benefits of Guest Speaking
There are several benefits to this approach:
- Simply getting in front of an audience is enough to boost the visibility of your personal brand and startup. The more you get up and speak, the more familiar you’ll become—and the more buzz you’ll get for your brand.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to improve your reputation, in several dimensions. You’ll receive more credibility as you speak at higher-level events, and if you do a good job speaking, people will think more highly of you and your organization.
- Speaking events are a phenomenal networking opportunity. Before and after your speech, you’ll be able to meet the other speakers, organizers, and attendees—all of whom share at least some of your business interests. It’s a perfect place to grow and expand your network.
- Content promotion. Public speaking is a gateway to help people learn more about your other content. You can pitch your blog, or an upcoming eBook you’ve written.
- Problem identification. Finally, this is your chance to illustrate problems other entrepreneurs didn’t know they had. Once they recognize those problems, they’ll be able to turn to you for the solution.
Where to Start
If you’re interested in guest speaking, you should check out your local entrepreneurial organizations, or small business organizations. You could also consider speaking with other entrepreneurs in your area, who may have leads on upcoming events. Once you get your foot in the door with one opportunity, you’ll have a gateway to even more high-profile events in the future.
If you’re interested in learning more ways to promote your startup tech company, contact me today!