Published on November 28th, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez0
The Startup Tech Entrepreneur’s Guide to Personal Branding
Have you ever considered building a personal brand? Now’s the time to start.
You know that when building a startup tech company, one of the most important factors for your success is your company’s brand, or its collective identity. It’s how people will recognize you, understand what you do, and eventually associate you with positive experiences. But branding isn’t just limited to companies; you can also build a personal brand, based around your personality, to complement and enhance your core branding efforts.
The Personal Brand
Your personal brand is basically a professional version of your own personality, or one that’s blended with the personality of your corporate brand. You’ll build your own recognition and authority by engaging with others in your industry (as well as your customers), and by interacting with your corporate brand.
There are many advantages to this:
- Trust. People are more likely to trust an individual than a company, so you’ll be able to win more followers and secure more opportunities to guest post on others’ sites.
- Visibility. Working with two brands, instead of one, gives you a larger total audience for your most important content and announcements.
- Permanence. In case anything happens to your core business, your personal brand will remain, and be available for your next opportunity.
It takes a long time to build a following with a personal brand, but there are a few easy ways to get started:
- Flesh out your social media profiles. Claim every social media profile for yourself that you can, and flesh out your professional details. Make sure you choose a good headshot too.
- Create and distribute great content. Next, start a blog and write new posts regularly. Make sure they’re well-written, well-researched, and targeted to your ideal audience. Then, distribute that content via your social channels.
- Interact with key followers. Contact individuals to make them more likely to follow you (and stick with you). If you can interact with influencers, you’ll probably attract even more people to your brand.
Building a personal brand is straightforward, but it takes time. If you need a leg-up, contact me today! We’ll work together to build you the ultimate personal brand.