Published on November 21st, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez0
The 7 Benefits of a Blog for Startup Tech Companies
If you’re a startup, you should have a blog in place.
Do you have a blog for your startup tech company? If not, you should consider adding one. Even if you haven’t been bitten by the content marketing blog, you should have a blog in place to see the following benefits:
- Updates. First, you’ll have an outlet to give your most loyal customers updates about your business. They’ll stay plugged in, and you can give them information more conveniently.
- SEO. Every new post you add is another page Google can index, and more content that adds to the quality and value of your site. Over time, that means more opportunities to rank in online searches, and more visibility for your brand.
- Time on site. Once visitors hit your site, you’ll want to keep them there as long as possible. Providing lots of blog posts gives them something to read, and an interesting page to click on from their original landing page.
- Distribution fodder. Blog posts are also valuable assets you can use to fuel your other marketing outlets. For example, you can distribute blog posts through social media or email marketing.
- Competitive differentiation. Does your competitor have a blog? Can you make yours better? In some cases, your blog could be the best asset you have in distinguishing yourself from your competition.
- Conversion potential. Every blog post you write will have the opportunity to convert a visitor, so long as you have a strong call-to-action. More conversions means more revenue for every visitor you get.
- Catharsis and reflection. Don’t forget about the personal benefits of blogging. You’ll get the opportunity to talk about your industry, and possibly reflect on the state of the business as well.
The trick to being successful with a blog is updating it regularly, and with high-quality material your audience actually wants to read. If you can do that, all these benefits can be yours.
If you’re ready to start a blog, but aren’t sure how, contact me today! I’ll help you get started.