Published on March 27th, 2018 | by Jose Vasquez0
The 5 Ways Entrepreneurs Waste Time in Startup Tech Companies
Entrepreneurs are even more vulnerable to time waste than other professionals.
As an entrepreneur, you probably wish you had more hours in the day. Your task list is always growing, and you almost always feel busy—even when you’re supposed to be taking a break.
But while it’s true that you’re juggling more responsibilities than most, it’s also true that you’re wasting at least some of your time. Learning to recognize those key points of time waste can help you optimize the time you do spend during the day—and hopefully get more done in fewer hours:
- Meetings eat up more time than you realize. Yes, meetings are important, but chances are, at least some of your meetings could be replaced with an email update or a similarly concise form of communication. Those that can’t can probably be reduced; for example, do you really need an hour to go over project notes, or will 30 minutes suffice?
- I’m as guilty as the next entrepreneur. Distractions surround us, from personal responsibilities to instant message notifications to mobile games on our work devices. If you can eliminate your distractions with heads-down time and anti-distraction apps, you can free up hours of your day.
- Process inefficiencies. Chances are, there are dozens of things you do every day that can either be automated or procedurally improved. Take a moment to evaluate not just working on, but how you’re working on it. You’ll be surprised at what you find.
- Bad priorities. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking everything is a priority, but it’s simply not the truth. Learning to prioritize better can spare you from working on unimportant tasks in a time crunch.
- Refusal to delegate. Your employees and contractors are there to help you. Refusing to delegate is only going to make you spend more time—and spend it inefficiently.
How are you wasting time during your day? If you need help optimizing your new workflow as an entrepreneur, or you just need some extra momentum to get your startup moving, contact me today! We’ll schedule a consultation and figure out what will work best for your company.