Published on February 5th, 2019 | by Jose Vasquez0
The 5 Ways a Press Release Helps Your Startup Tech Company
Press releases are one of the most valuable strategic elements in your content marketing campaign.
If you’ve never submitted a press release for your startup tech company, you should consider adding periodic press releases to your overall marketing strategy. The idea is simple; whenever your business experiences or drives a newsworthy event (like launching a new product, reaching a funding goal, etc.), you can draft an article detailing what happened, and submit it to publishers in the news industry.
Ideally, your press release will be picked up by at least a few outlets, at which point you’ll get the following benefits:
- Brand recognition. Getting your brand name mentioned in an article (or preferably, a headline) will dramatically increase your brand recognition, especially if that article is featured in many news sources simultaneously. If you’re announcing good news or demonstrating your leadership, you’ll gain even more credit here.
- External links. Most press releases will feature at least one link to your business, even if it’s in the description. Those external links are valuable for building your domain authority, especially if you’re featured in a wide variety of different sources. It builds your referral traffic and helps you rank higher in search engines.
- Media relationships. Publishing press releases frequently helps you build a relationship with the media. Over time, you can use these relationships to give yourself even more publicity and opportunities.
- Personal branding potential. Writing press releases also gives you an opportunity to develop your personal brand, especially if you’re conducting an interview or featuring yourself in the content.
- Onsite content and promotion. Press releases aren’t just for offsite visibility. They can also be used as part of your onsite content strategy, in a news section or press section of your website.
On top of that, press releases are fairly affordable. Even if you hire someone to write and release the press release on your behalf, you can usually get one done for just a few hundred dollars.
If you’re interested in drafting a press release for your business or otherwise build your content marketing strategy, contact me today for a free consultation!