Published on January 8th, 2019 | by Jose Vasquez0
The 5 Most Important Startup Tech Company Features Investors Care About
Which are the most important features for a startup if you’re looking to secure funding?
If you want your startup tech company to be successful, you’re probably going to need funding. And if you want funding, you need to find a way to impress your investors. There are many things you can do to increase your chances of leaving a good impression, like dressing for the part and improving your public speaking, but ultimately, most investors will make their decision based on the merits of your startup.
So what are the most important startup features investors consider?
- Investors are looking to make a return on their investment, so you need to prove that you’ll be able to make that return happen. Most investors look to your profitability immediately, including how your finances are expected to develop over the first several years. Make sure you have a good, conservative financial plan in place.
- Does this sound like an idea they’ve heard a million times before? Or is it strikingly similar to something that’s already on the market? You’ll win much more favor if your idea is unique. At the very least, it should offer some critical improvement to the similar ideas already on the market.
- Who’s going to lead this company? Is it you? If so, what qualifies you to be a leader? Even companies based around great ideas can and will crumble under poor leadership, so be prepared to prove yourself here.
- No matter how experienced and educated you are, you can’t possibly be an expert in everything. What other experts have you recruited to your cause? Who are you planning to seek out to make this company work?
- Finally, are you prepared to adapt if you face significant challenges? The best startups are ones willing to make changes in response to threats.
These aren’t the only factors investors consider when reviewing startups, but they are some of the most important. Make sure your startup features them before you make a pitch, and if you need help putting together a business plan or a pitch deck, make sure to contact me for a free consultation!