Published on May 15th, 2018 | by Jose Vasquez0
The 5 Best Ways to Keep Learning in Startup Tech Companies
If you want to stay at the top of your game, you have to keep learning as an entrepreneur.
If you want to improve your knowledge, skills, and experience as an entrepreneur, you need to set yourself on a path of constant learning. The problem is, you’re usually so busy keeping up with your business that you don’t have time to take classes or read new material.
So how can you gain new knowledge, consistently, and in a way that doesn’t interfere with your daily schedule?
These are some of the best ways I’ve found:
- You may not have time to read the full book, but you don’t always need to. Skimming to the most interesting chapters and noting the highlights is sometimes enough to keep you informed. Afterward, you can read reviews and notes online to flesh out your understanding further, without taking up too much of your time.
- If you commute to work every day, there aren’t many mediums better than podcasts. Tune in and listen to your favorite hosts interview successful people, or learn a new skill on your way in.
- I highly encourage you to find a mentor. One of the best ways to learn is through the experiences and perceptions of another, older, and preferably wiser person. Respect their time, but take advantage of their knowledge in any way that you can.
- Random discussions. Don’t be afraid to engage with other entrepreneurs, especially at networking events. You never know when a random conversation can lead to a discussion about a topic you’d never considered before, or leave you with tips on how to improve yourself and your business.
- Finally, let experience be your teacher. Experiment with as many different approaches and strategies as your time will allow, and open yourself to the ideas and perspectives of others. Sometimes, going through the steps—and accepting the failures along the way—is the best way to learn.
If you’re looking for more tips on how to become a more efficient startup tech company entrepreneur, or if you’re looking for mentorship or advice, contact me today! I’ve helped dozens of entrepreneurs find the resources and knowledge they need to make their startups a success.