Published on December 27th, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez0
The 5 Benefits of Press Releases for Startup Tech Companies
Press releases are one of the best ways to get early attention for your startup.
Most big companies use press releases to announce new products or big changes to their organizations, but you may not realize that press releases are available and useful to startups as well. The process of submitting a press release is pretty simple these days: follow the format, edit to your satisfaction, and use a press release distributor to reach multiple news channels for a chance they’ll publish the work.
The strategy has a ton of benefits for startups:
- Diverse exposure. First, you’ll have a chance to gain exposure in each of dozens, if not hundreds of different channels—these range from local publishers to national news outlets, each of which will promote your brand image.
- Most publishers will also add a backlink to your site. That link will forward traffic to your site immediately, and will also boost your domain authority, making it easier for you to rank for search queries relevant for your brand. This is a major benefit if you plan on using an SEO strategy.
- Relationship building. Working with individual journalists and publishers gives you the chance to build a lasting relationship; if you have a strong journalistic contact in your corner, you’ll have an easier time getting featured in work in the future.
- Cost efficiency. Even the most lucrative press release plans are less than $1,000. You can spend a couple hundred and still end up with good results, so long as you put enough effort into writing. This makes press releases a highly cost-efficient strategy.
- After your press release has been distributed and syndicated, you can still use the content for other purposes, such as featuring it as a central blog post or news update on your site.
If press releases aren’t a part of your current marketing and advertising strategy, consider integrating them; if you have a content strategy already, it’s a must-have addition. If you need help getting started, contact me today for a free consultation on content marketing for startup tech companies!