Published on November 29th, 2016 | by Jose Vasquez0
How to Hold More Effective Meetings in Startup Tech Companies
Meetings can be productive, but only if you know how to plan and execute them properly.
Depending on how they go, meetings can be some of the most efficient time you spend as a group or utter time-wasters that leave your employees frustrated and your work incomplete. Fortunately, in startup tech companies, there are a handful of strategies you can use to keep your meetings on-point and productive, no matter what:
- Choose your attendees carefully. First, don’t invite everybody to every meeting. Keep your attendance list reasonably short, and focus on the people with the best chance to make the meeting productive.
- Keep it short. Generally speaking, the shorter a meeting is, the better. Short meetings force people to take action, while longer ones tend to fill the time with empty space. Keep your meetings to 30 minutes, or maybe even 15.
- Schedule it in advance. Give your attendees plenty of time to prepare, and make sure it’s a time when everyone can attend. The further ahead you work, the better.
- Give homework. Make sure all your attendees have something to do before the meeting. That might include doing some background research, coming up with ideas, or preparing items to talk about.
- Set an agenda. Meetings work better when they stick to an agenda; put together a brief summary of your meeting’s course, and stick with it the best you can.
- Mandate participation. You selected these participants for a reason. You need to require them all to speak up, so you can get more ideas and generate more discussion.
With these strategies in place, your meetings will become indisputably more productive. Put them into action and see for yourself!