Published on October 24th, 2013 | by Jose Vasquez1
8 Tools for Startup Tech Companies to Measure Mobile Analytics
Measuring mobile analytics can be challenging without the right tools, but these resources are some of the best around.
Startup tech company entrepreneurs are relying on mobile traffic now more than ever as a realistic metric of company performance. Without mobile traffic, you could be missing a significant portion of your demographic—a portion that will continue to grow over the next several years. In order to run and evaluate a mobile marketing campaign, you’ll need the help of at least one mobile metrics measurement platform.
A feature by Scott Gerber of The Next Web recently featured nine different options for mobile visitation measurement. In this article, I evaluate eight of them for their potential as a solid solution for startup tech companies.
- Segment.io is great because it uses several other tools, such as Google Analytics. Some users have found luck using it with Mixpanel to more easily segregate mobile and non-mobile visitors.
- TestFlight has a nice analytics package, but it might be a little much for the casual entrepreneur, especially if budgeting is tight. There are plenty of other affordable options.
- Google Analytics is the clear go-to for most people. Their filters and segments have improved dramatically over the past few years, and continue to improve. You can even distinguish between iPhone and Android users.
- Localytics is great for compiling, condensing and reporting the information in a way that you can use for improving your marketing strategies.
- Geckoboard can monitor many different metrics, including conversion rates—which is perfect if you’re getting decent web traffic but are suffering from a lack of tangible conversion.
- Mixpanel is a great way to take a look at data at a raw level, but it’s kind of hard to get a “big picture” view without another tool.
- Mobile App Tracking is specially designed for this purpose, and has great metrics for those seeking conversion as a primary goal.
- Clicky is an option to serve as a complement to Google Analytics. Using both can give you a broader view of your audience’s behavior.
Mobile measurement is only a portion of the equation, but understanding your mobile traffic is a step in the right direction for your marketing strategy.
Check out the original story here
|Culture Value in the World of Startup Tech Companies|
|5 Ways to Slow Down Time in Startup Tech Companies|
|6 Ways a Mentor Can Help Startup Tech Companies|