Published on November 12th, 2013 | by Jose Vasquez0
7 Tricks for Startup Tech Companies for Better Email Reach
Email marketing is seeing rapid change due to increased mobile traffic and new email filtering systems, but these seven tricks can keep you ahead of the game.
Email marketing is always changing. New spam rules and evolving technology dictate what marketers can and should send to their potential customers. In order to stay on top of the game, you’ll have to be more attentive and more strategic in how you design, draft, and send your email blasts.
Recently, content strategist Kelly Spors wrote a feature on the current state of the email marketing world and the seven top tips that can keep your strategy effective. I’ve taken these tips and modified them to better appeal to owners of startup tech companies.
- Give exclusive content to your email readers. Do you have a new article or a new feature of your app to announce? Give your email readers priority over others by offering them the new content exclusively.
- Personalize your emails as much as possible. Try to segment your email blasts based on portions of your audience with different interests. Include special offers based on the purchase history of your audience members.
- Make your subject line perfect. The subject line is the piece of your email most responsible for determining whether or not your readers will open it. Make sure it is as perfect as it can be before deploying.
- Be clear and catchy with your header. Once your reader opens your email, you need to make sure they stay there. Avoid spammy phrasing or cliché messages. Instead be direct and show value.
- Show your benefits. Make your reader feel like they’re the lucky ones for getting to read your email. Give them benefits that would make anyone happy to receive the email.
- Make it simple for your readers. What’s your end goal? Are you trying to get users to your site? Make your reader’s next action very clear and very easy to go through with.
- Go easy on the frequency. If users see an email from you every day in their mailbox, they’ll flag you as spam. Space your emails out and make sure each one counts.
Email marketing is still a highly viable way to demonstrate your value as a company and attract new users to your products and services. Stay up to date and adjust your strategy, and there’s nothing that can hold you back.
Check out the original story here
|5 Ways to Get Startup Tech Companies Noticed|
|10 Tips for a Successful Demo in Startup Tech Companies|
|5 Easy Ways to Get Funding for Startup Tech Companies|