Published on December 12th, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez0
7 Things to Change If Your Startup Tech Company Landing Page Isn’t Converting?
Are you not getting enough conversions? Here’s what to change.
As a startup tech company, you probably have a landing page in place to attract more leads, customers, or conversions. In theory, as long as you have a decent conversion rate and a steady stream of traffic going to that page, you should have enough to practically guarantee your profitability. But what if you have the traffic and your conversion rate isn’t where it should be?
If your conversion rate is low, you need to change something—otherwise you’ll never improve. But what can you change to improve your rates?
- Your offer. What are you offering your audience in exchange for their conversion? Giving them more, whether that’s a free bonus for signing up, or access to additional content when they buy a product, can incentivize them to convert more readily.
- Your design layout. Consider moving things around on your landing page. What if your form was higher? What if it was lower? What if you had fewer blocks of text?
- The copy. Look at the text itself. This is one of the most attention-grabbing parts of your landing page. If it doesn’t appeal to visitors instantly, it’s going to fail, so make sure to try out multiple variations here.
- The call-to-action. How prominent is the CTA? How easy is it to find? Is it inviting enough?
- The colors and images. Also consider how your images and colors are affecting the psychology of your customers. Are there sharp contrasts and aesthetically pleasing elements?
- The form. How long is the form you’re using? Generally, the fewer fields you ask for, the more conversions you’re going to get. Is it compatible with mobile devices?
- Extra incentives. Consider adding extra incentives and information, whether it’s more bullet points about what your product does, or a ticking timer to indicate that this is a limited-time offer.
Any of these changes could potentially make your landing page more profitable, but you may need to experiment with multiple tweaks and combinations before you find the right approach. If you need help, or want ideas on how to get started, make sure to contact me today!