Published on January 17th, 2017 | by Jose Vasquez1
6 Rules Startup Tech Companies Need to Design a Mobile App
Design is important for any application, but it can make or break the popularity of a mobile application.
Mobile apps are a leading source of revenue for startup tech companies, both for entrepreneurs focusing exclusively on the mobile market and tech entrepreneurs looking for a peripheral way to attract visitors and make money.
While it is important to catch someone’s initial attention with a solid marketing strategy and a valuable idea, the design of your mobile app will determine whether a person will continue using the application and share it with their friends, or simply abandon it like any other temporarily installed app.
Designer Ariel Seidman recently published a feature on the leading principles for app design. I’ve taken these and modified them to better suit startup tech entrepreneurs.
- Minimalism is a good thing. Don’t overemphasize something if you don’t need to. In the world of mobile apps, the simpler the design and function of your app, the more success you will ultimately see.
- Make it easy to share. Inspire your users to share the app with their friends. Your app might naturally lend itself to sharing, but make sure it’s easy to distribute in the design as well.
- Make it fit into people’s lives. If you design the user experience in your app to suit people’s lives, they’ll be more likely to use it on a regular basis. That keeps your app top-of-mind and makes it more publicly visible.
- Think about the touch screen. Don’t neglect this feature. Your app needs to be easy to use for people on small, touch-driven devices.
- Focus on one primary function. Don’t get bogged down in peripheral features. Make the top draw for the app immediate and easy to access.
- Use your screenshot to your advantage. You have one chance to catch the attention of potential customers. Use your spot wisely to convey the idea of your app concisely in a single image.
With these six easy mobile app design tips, you can improve the visibility, shareability, and durability of your mobile application.
|Using Designs to Express the Power of Startup Tech Companies|
|Culture Value in the World of Startup Tech Companies|
|5 Ways to Slow Down Time in Startup Tech Companies|