Published on August 16th, 2013 | by Jose Vasquez1
6 Keys to Email Marketing for Startup Tech Companies
Email marketing is still a highly viable advertising channel to increase leads and generate sales for your startup tech company.
Email marketing has fallen from the limelight in recent years due to the increasing relevance and efficiency of inbound marketing tactics. However, despite its outbound nature and diminishing popularity, email marketing is still a highly viable marketing channel to improve your brand reputation and capture new leads.
But in order to be effective in your email marketing campaign, you’re going to have to follow six main key strategies:
- Get a good list. Never underestimate the value of a good list of prospects. Take time to find a trustworthy list reseller with valuable information on possible prospects for tech companies. Remember, you get what you pay for.
- Make your subject line appealing. Most people open or delete emails based on the subject alone. Work with a good copywriter to find an engaging, appealing subject line that will make people actually want to open the email.
- Work on your timing. Spread out your deployments, but not so far that you lose relevance. Once a week is plenty. Make sure to hit people around midday or early afternoon, and keep it to the middle of the week, when people are least busy.
- Include a call to action. Without a call to action, your email campaign won’t be valuable in getting you anything. Drive people to a landing page or ask them to sign up for something. Get people moving in the direction you want.
- Integrate email with other marketing channels. Use your email campaign as syndication for your content marketing program, or for your social media offers. There should be some overlap in your marketing campaigns to improve the collective value of all of them.
- Include value. Make sure people are rewarded for opening your emails, either with promotional offers or valuable content. If people feel rewarded by your messages, they’re more likely to open them in the future.
Following these six keys to success can help ensure your marketing campaign is effective. It will take some time to build an effective strategy, but once you do, you’ll be glad to have it in your wheelhouse.