Published on March 7th, 2016 | by Jose Vasquez0
5 Types of Conversations that Help Startup Tech Companies Succeed
Conversations are the key to getting things done in any collaborative environment, and these five conversation types are essential for startup tech company success.
As an entrepreneur, you’ll need to be prepared for dozens of important conversations every day. You’ll speak with your staff, your investors, your clients, and even your users to find out more about your company and determine where your company is headed.
The types of conversations you have are important. If you spend all your time brainstorming, you’ll never get anything actually accomplished. If you spend all your time analyzing how you’ve done already, you’ll never move forward with a new plan.
Integrate these five types of conversations into your regular work, and reap the results as you create a balance of productivity:
- Defining Conversations. Before you can do anything, you need to define what you’re working with. In the early stages of development, you’ll be defining your idea, including your key demographics and your intent to grow. In later stages, you’ll be defining your goals.
- Brainstorming Conversations. Of course, you’ll need to set aside time to talk about different possibilities for expansion or improvement. For these conversations to be successful, you’ll want to include all relevant parties and maintain a regimented agenda—with a focus on creating actual action items.
- Analytical Conversations. Take a glance into your past performance with analytical conversations. Determine what worked in a given strategy and what didn’t, and figure out why it did or didn’t work.
- Critical Conversations. Critical conversations are like analytical conversations for the present. What are you doing right now that could be improved or altered? How can you go about making those changes effectively?
- Negotiating Conversations. You’ll also need to negotiate, whether it’s with a team member about assigned responsibilities or with an investor about planned courses of action. Sharpen your negotiating skills, but maintain a mutually beneficial dialogue to get the most out of these conversations.
Master the art of these five types of conversations, and you’ll be well poised to take your startup tech enterprise to the next level.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to grow your organization through leadership and dialogue, contact me—we’ll have a growth conversation of our own!
|10 Steps to Building a Strong Online Community for Startup Tech Companies|
|Top 10 Content Marketing Mistakes in Startup Tech Companies|
|Fast Facts on Inbound and Outbound Marketing for Startup Tech Companies|