Published on November 26th, 2013 | by Jose Vasquez0
5 Steps to Build Buzz for Announcements in Startup Tech Companies
At one point or another as a startup tech company, you’ll have an important and exciting announcement to make, so be prepared with a strategy to generate buzz.
Making announcements as a startup tech company is one of the greatest opportunities you’ll have as an entrepreneur to quickly build interest in your business. With the right strategy, you can add momentum to any current buzz surrounding your product, or build from scratch by attracting a large audience.
Fortunately, generating buzz around your product is simpler than you might imagine. If you boil it down to the basics, you can master your buzz generation strategy in five easy steps:
- Get your timing down. Plan for a specific moment that will maximize the reach and influence of your press release. Don’t send it out several months before your product is going to release, but don’t wait until the day before either. The timing depends on the specifics of your product, but a general rule of thumb is a week to a month in advance.
- Choose your platforms. Understand how you’re going to syndicate your release. Use a syndication platform in combination with social media channels in order to get the highest influence. You can also use personal connection to gain influence in specific channels.
- Cut back the gimmicks. Don’t try and oversell yourself, or add too many gimmicks in your press release or your syndication strategy surrounding it. Usually it’s a good idea to break the template, but for press releases the template is a good thing.
- Introduce a conversation. Ask a question or get people talking. The best way to generate lots of buzz quickly is to get your followers communicating with you and with each other. Make your release conversation worthy.
- Keep the momentum going. Once you release your news, keep momentum going by re-syndicating it on your platforms and going out of your way to engage new people in the conversation.
With these five easy steps, you can turn any announcement into a total buzz-fest. Keep the hype train running!
|10 Steps to Building a Strong Online Community for Startup Tech Companies|
|Top 10 Content Marketing Mistakes in Startup Tech Companies|
|Fast Facts on Inbound and Outbound Marketing for Startup Tech Companies|