Published on May 19th, 2015 | by Jose Vasquez1
5 Marketing Strategies You Can’t Survive Without
There are many marketing strategies to choose from, but in the modern world, you can’t survive without these five.
The modern world of marketing is a diverse and enriched place. With hundreds of possible marketing channels and communication mediums, the possibilities are practically limitless for any startup tech company emerging on the scene. Some of these marketing strategies are more lucrative or more cost-effective than others, and some offer niche benefits that only a handful of specific startups would be able to enjoy.
Nevertheless, there are some marketing channels that absolutely must be used if you want any hope of achieving visibility in the modern era:
- Consistent Branding. Your branding is your identity as a business, and without it, you’ll have no hope of building a loyal, consistent audience. Your brand should resonate in your image, your communication style, your voice, and your choice of mediums—it’s what’s going to give people a consistent experience, and what’s going to keep them coming back for more. Otherwise, you’ll blend into the vast ocean of competitors and you’ll never stand out.
- Great Web Design. Your website is often the first impression people form about your company. Without a great web design, complete with an intuitive means of navigation and an optimization for all browsers and devices, that first impression will suffer.
- Basic SEO. You don’t necessarily need to spend thousands of dollars or hundreds of hours a month bolstering your search engine standings. But you do need to make sure your site is structured correctly for search engine indexing, and include at least the basic title tags and meta descriptions necessary for search engines to find you.
- Social Media Presence. Again, you don’t need to go all-out at the start, but you do need some kind of social media presence. Without one, people may seek your information and never be able to find it.
- Local PR. Finally, make sure you get yourself some local PR. Submit press releases when you can, but perhaps more importantly, claim all your local business accounts with major third party directories.
Make sure you adhere to these five marketing strategies, at the very least. As you grow, you’ll find that some work better than others; upon uncovering this data, feel free to readjust your budget and effort accordingly to favor your most viable candidates.