Published on April 28th, 2015 | by Jose Vasquez0
10 Qualities to Look for in Every Employee of Startup Tech Companies
Certain qualities predispose employees of startup tech companies for greatness.
Building a team in startup tech companies is not easy. Your budget is limited, meaning you can’t simply go on a hiring frenzy, but at the same time, you need people who are very talented and passionate about what they do.
These 10 qualities are some of the most important for employees of startup tech companies, so make sure you hire the candidates who display the greatest number of them:
- Your employees need to be passionate about what they do. It’s the only way to guarantee quality work.
- An Entrepreneurial Mind. Your goal should be to build a team of mini-entrepreneurs. Look for people who are always coming up with new ideas.
- Critical Thinking. Similarly, you want people who ask critical questions and like to find out the whys and hows of the world. These are the people who will help you fix big picture problems that need outside eyes to be analyzed.
- These are the people you’ll be spending all of your professional time with. Make sure you can get along with them on a personal level.
- A drive to succeed cannot be underestimated. It will keep your employees strong and persistent even in tough times.
- It seems obvious, but talent is a necessary quality. You need people who are good at what they do. Experience, on the other hand, is less important, since experience often demands a much higher salary.
- Startups encounter failure. Frequently. You need people who will be able to weather the storm.
- If your potential employee’s resume shows them bouncing from job to job, you may want to pass. You need committed people who will stick with you for the long haul.
- The demands of a startup usually require stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Your team needs to be able to work independently, with minimal supervision. Find team members capable of this.
The qualities listed above shouldn’t be your only judgment of potential startup tech employees, but they will paint a fairly accurate picture of your promising candidates.
|8 Little Phrases Every Entrepreneur Should Use|
|5 Essential Features of Offices for Startup Tech Companies|
|The 2 Jobs Every Entrepreneur Has in Startup Tech Companies|